Dealing with sciatica is not that easy because it is very painful. Only strong medicines can cure sciatica, but they have several side-effects. On the other hand, the best tens unit for sciatica provides a natural treatment without any drugs. Tense is an abbreviation of Transcutaneous Electrical Nerve Stimulation.
Techcare Tens Unit
Medvice Tens Unit
TechCrae tens unit is at the top because it has a touch screen to facilitate its function. The device has multiple modes and intensity levels. The model with a casing is better because it prevents the device from water and other damages.
MedVice tens unit is a budget-friendly choice. It has 18 modes, two channels, and 20 controllable intensities. The timer allows users to adjust the massage time as they want. Hardly any massage device is so cheap with so many qualities.
A tense unit offers various massage options and pulse stimulation. It includes electrodes pads that you have to apply to the skin to block the pain. A tense machine for sciatica also enhances endorphins, a chemical that reduces pain and relaxes the muscles.
However, pregnant women, heart patients, and those with cancer should consult with their doctor before using a tense unit. This article will explain the ten best tense units to help you in your search and increase your knowledge.
Comparison Table of the Best Tens Unit for Sciatica
Tens 7000 Electrical massager
To deal with sciatic pain, you should use the best tense unit for sciatica, such as Tens 7000. It also helps with other issues in the neck, back, shoulder, leg, etc. The device is ideal for diabetic patients, older people, athletes, arthritis, and carpal tunnel patients.
- Tens 7000 stimulates the muscles and reduces pain by massaging the target points. Users can recover their muscles after an injury or some disease.
- The unit is not only suitable for home therapy, but the professional therapists also use it at their clinics.
- It provides treatment without any drugs because it works through stimulation. You will have to place the electrodes on the target point, and the device will do the rest of the work.
- It has different modes, including burst, normal, regulating, and strength limit 1 and 2. Users can set the pulse intensity ranging from 10 to 100 mA. There are knobs on the device that help in mode adjustments.
- Tense 7000 has four electrodes and two channels to control these electrodes.
- The unit helps in nerve stimulation, muscle stimulation through an electric massage. It includes different accessories to assist the device.
HealthmateForever Tens unit- YK15AB
When we talk about tense units, YK15AB appears in minds because of its powerful function. With various modes, the device can handle any muscular pain. Users can have a drug-free treatment at home without any side-effects. The best tens unit for sciatica has the following features.
- HealthmateForever tens unit brings 15 modes. Unlike other tens units, it has 20 levels for intensity adjustment.
- Users can escape surgery due to a serious sciatica issue because YK15AB is available to meet their needs.
- You will get a consistent relief from the pain through a belt clip with this tense unit. You can also use all the pads at two different locations.
- Various modes help adjust the frequency and speed of this device to get a comfortable massage.
- Name any pain, and YK15AB will remove it. I can treat issues such as sciatica, tennis elbow, bursitis, and carpal tunnel syndrome. Moreover, it also helps several other patients with plantar fasciitis, splints, inflammation, backache, and Fibromyalgia.
- The device needs 3AA batteries to provide therapies. Likewise, it stops automatically to save battery when it’s not in use. It is an ideal tense unit for home, office, and gym.
NueMedics tens Unit device- 24 Massage
NueMedics comes with excellent qualities, including multiple modes with controllable intensities. It has a rechargeable battery, and it can work for longer. The device is suitable for sciatic patients and all those who suffer from muscle issues like pain, soreness, strain, etc.
- NueMedics tens unit has a large display with a backlight to make everything visible. Users can set the mode according to the area in pain, like back, shoulders, neck, leg, and so on.
- NueMedics is the best tens unit for sciatica that provides massage therapy to stimulate the specific points. Moreover, 2 AB outputs also enhance its function by providing two therapies at a time.
- It has six electrodes, which are large enough to cover the target area. It also includes a rechargeable lithium battery and a USB cable.
- It has two channels and a timer that allows its users to set the massage time according to their pain.
- The unit also includes a cover to keep it secure and clean. You can carry it anywhere with you.
- It is ideal for home, office, gym, and massage center. However, keep it away from kids because it is only suitable for adults.
TechCare tens Unit Plus pulse massager
TechCare is not a new name regarding massagers and tense units. It has multiple massage modes with 24 options. Users can reduce the pain in the neck, back, leg, foot, shoulders, and arm. The best tens unit for sciatica has various accessories to allow this unit to provide multiple therapies.
- The unit is portable and compact, with a large display to read various stats. The backlight helps users adjust the settings at night.
- TechCare helps in sciatica, and it is suitable for older people or adults with muscle pain. Those who get muscle strain due to heavy work can also use this device.
- TechCare tens unit has six modes for stimulation, deep tissue massage, acupuncture, foot massage, combo, and cupping.
- Users can set the massage time from 10 to 60 minutes as they require. The T button denotes the timer.
- The M knob helps users shift to another mode during therapy. The entire mode operation is very quick.
- TechCare’s tens for sciatica has a rechargeable battery that can work for 20 hours. Two different areas can have therapy at a time through A and B outputs.
MedVice Tens Unit with up gradation-Sciatic- Muscle Stimulator
If you want an impulse and massage device, MedVice will work for you. Especially, it is the best tens unit for sciatica with various modes. It has durable pads to deal with the target pain area. You can take this portable device with you to the office or gym and vacation.
- MedVice comes with upgraded pads; hence, this 2nd gen unit is better than the previous one. The gel sticks to the skin well, and it takes less time to clean it.
- The electrodes and its connecting wires are easily available for future replacement.
- The battery can work for straight 10 hours without interruption. The device also includes a charger to charge the battery in 60 minutes.
- The device has eight small, medium, and large pads. You can cover all accessories in the pouch that comes with the product.
- It has 16 built-in modes with adjustable intensities. You can have a deep tissue therapy, kneading, cupping, knocking, as well as tapping.
- The device can reduce the sciatic pain in all areas, like lower and upper back, neck, leg, shoulder, arm, and elbow.
HealthmateForever Tens unit for sciatica
Those who are looking for the best tense unit for sciatica pain should select the HealthmateForever. Unlike other tens units, HM8GL also helps in muscle toning and firming. It is ideal for those with sciatica patients, gym-goers, or arthritis patients. See below the other features of this device.
- The tens unit has multiple modes with intensity adjustments. The push and pull buttons help in the mode setting. Unlike a typical mode, you can also set it to a body-building mode for muscle toning.
- It reduces pain by blocking the signals that come from the nerves. The device also includes a time adjustment mode with 10 to 60 minutes capacity.
- You can control the strength of each mode as the unit has 20 levels. The plus knob helps increase the strength, whereas the minus button reduces it.
- The rechargeable battery can work for 10 hours with a onetime charge. Unlike other tens units, HM8GL has an animated LCD screen.
- The device has two outputs to apply massage to two different points with its pads.
- Users can have a deep massage therapy or a stimulating massage due to a versatile machine. Use it at home, office, gym, or a message center.
TechCare Pro Tense Unit-Sciatic Pain- Handheld Digital Massager
An older TechCare tense unit can serve as a home and professional massager. A trustable company makes people free from using the high-potency painkillers. Be it sciatica, arthritis, or carpal tunnel, TechCare will reduce with long-term relief. There are more features to explore, such as:
- Other than tens, it is also a PMS unit, so you will get a 2 in 1 device. Not only ordinary people, but doctors or physical therapists also use this unit to treat their patients.
- The device works faster through low-strength pulses and removes pain by blocking the signals that nerves send to the brain. However, ensure that the tens unit pad placement for sciatica is correct.
- You don’t need painkillers to reduce the pain because TechCare tens unit enhances the natural pain-remover element as endorphins.
- The unit also assists the chiropractors to treat muscles, especially the backbone area.
- It has a rechargeable battery that works for up to 20 hours without interruption. However, make sure to charge it fully.
- Users can enjoy the 24 ways of massaging, including deep tissue and acupuncture. So, the unit is ideal for almost everyone with different muscle pain or strain issues. Users can easily manage the mode intensity as the device has 20 adjustable options.
Tens Unit-TechCare Plus 24 Massager
TechCare always introduces something new, and this model comes with a durable casing with a zipper. Other than blocking the sciatic pain, BD3430 also helps in tennis, fasciitis, and plantar issues. It has a simple tens placement for sciatica nerve pain.
- The multiple modes of TechCare BD3430 help deal with different kinds of muscle pains or strains.
- You don’t need to bear intense pain because you have a tens unit with a pulse massager.
- Consider it a natural way of treatment because it involves no drugs and has zero side-effects.
- Two body parts will become free from pain due to two channels and multiple electrodes.
- A rechargeable and high-capacity battery keeps this device active for 20 hours.
- Set your desired time for a specific massage and save money that goes into an expensive professional therapy.
- Unlike other TechCare tens units, this one has a cover bag with a zipper. The casing is also waterproof and prevents the shocks.
iReliev Tens Unit Sciatic Pain
Those who want to avoid an invasive treatment for sciatica can use the iReliev tens unit. It has multiple massage options with adjustable strengths. The unit is ideal for chronic pain or muscle issue s. However, the primary purpose of this unit is to deal with sciatic pain.
- The iReliev tens unit has eight massage modes that allow its users to choose what suits them. Each mode is adjustable, like you can use the high, medium, or low intensity as the device offers 25 intensity levels.
- The device works by stimulating the nerves with a low voltage and removes pain in no time.
- It has two channels for small and large body parts. Tens placement for sciatica is not hard as two electrodes are enough for small parts, and 4 for the large parts.
- It is a smart device with high portability. Instead of a pouch, iReliev offers a box to secure the device when it’s not in use.
- Both holster and the belt clip allow you to wear this unit around your body, and no one will notice it.
- It comes up with three AA batteries, but they are not rechargeable. However, the device will stay active for 30 hours, unlike rechargeable batteries.
- The timer allows you to massage from 5 to 60 minutes according to the pain.
TechCare Tens Unit-Sciatic Pain
Another tense unit by TechCare has a smart screen with a touch function. It also provides EMS technology. Not only therapists, but the common public can use this device for home therapy. Even you can take it to the office, gym, or vacations. It also includes the tens replacement chart sciatica.
- This device can provide a high-end relief to sciatic patients with back, neck, leg, and other muscle strains. A deep tissue massage can kill any pain in a few minutes.
- It has different modes for different patients. You can choose from acupuncture or cupping to tapping and deep tissue.
- The timer allows you to have therapy for 20 to 60 minutes without interruption.
- Two outputs will help you use the pads in two different locations. Hence, you can reduce pain from two parts at a time.
- The device has a built-in battery with 20 hours capacity. Users can recharge this battery when it drains off. It also includes a charger with a USB cable.
Why should you bear arthritis or sciatica if you have the best tens unit for sciatica around you? We understand your doubts about picking the best option due to unlimited products. So, our guide would help you get clear about a tens unit.
A tens unit with more than one channel is better because you can treat two parts simultaneously. You can have more than one therapy by using 2 to 4 electrodes. The latest tens units always have two channels.
A Variety of Modes
A device with one or two massage modes is not that useful than the one with several modes. New units offer at least 5 to 24 modes for therapies like acupuncture, tapping, knocking, and so on.
If you cannot control the mode intensity, it would be useless, so don’t miss it. You can customize a massage unit as you want with various intensity levels. An old model like the icy hot tens unit for sciatica has minimum options.
Tens unit with a timer is better than the one without it. The timer allows different time duration for a massage. Like, most tens units allow 10 to 60 minutes of massage. Whereas, there are also some models with time rage from 5 to 240 minutes.
A large display screen will allow you to operate a device better. Likewise, a touchscreen is always good because you can function smoothly. Though a device with knobs is also effective, the buttons may stop working in a low-quality massage unit.
Tens unit with a rechargeable battery is an ideal option because it enhances the life of the device. On the other hand, the AA or AAA batteries need replacement, but they are good too.
Some people consider smaller units better than larger tense devices. But, a small display may irritate you because you can’t see its features clearly. A large touch screen is an ideal solution.
Always look for a product with a warranty because it ensures long-term use. Mostly the new tens units come with a one year warranty. Moreover, a complete refund in some cases is also good. Both options are essential because a device with just a refund guarantee is not ideal for you.
Is a tens unit only suitable for sciatica?
No, a tens unit can reduce the muscle pain caused by any other diseases such as arthritis, carpal tunnel syndrome, MS, and many others.
How expensive is the best tens unit for sciatica?
The price varies depending on the model and brand. However, you can easily find a tens machine below $ 30 like MedVice. Some famous names also sell low-cost massage devices.
Which one is better; Tens unit with a Touch screen or with buttons?
A touch screen is easy to operate because you are already familiar with a smartphone screen, and it has a wide display. Though buttons are also effective, they may get sunk after a while.
What if the pulse stimulation gets high while using a tens machine?
All such devices have adjustable modes, so you can decrease their strength as you need.
The above review brings the best tens unit for sciatica. However, all devices share a basic function of relieving the joint or muscle pain. The electrode pads, number of modes, and battery differentiate various units.
A massage device with a minimum intensity adjustment is the suitable one. Later, you can increase the pace of the mode. In terms of budget, the tense massage device is either cheap or affordable. But some units are highly expensive.